Modified Prodinner, Strange AutoComplete Behavior

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Hello,

This is a strange scenario.


I have the originally downloaded Prodinner running on IISExpress as well as my modified version of the code that I have been building on.

The autocomplete works great in the original, and not at all in the modified.

I noticed that firebug is reporting different information on the POST:

Prodinner post command:

POST /DinnerAutocomplete/Search
 


Modified application post command:

POST /ApplicationAutocomplete/Search?callback=jQuery15108652094129938632_1317310154846
 

the modified application has an additional section called "params" filled with

 

callback jQuery15108652094129938632_1317310154846

The Post, Response, and JSON tabs in firebug are identical.

The headers are a bit different, and I'm not really sure why.

This is the header from Prodinner:

Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:29:20 GMT
X-AspNet-Version 4.0.30319
Connection Close
Content-Length 33
X-AspNetMvc-Version 3.0
Server ASP.NET Development Server/10.0.0.0
Content-Type application/json; charset=utf-8
Cache-Control private
RequestHeaders

Content-Type application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Accept application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01
X-Requested-With XMLHttpRequest

and here is the modified app's header info in firebug:

Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:29:26 GMT
X-AspNet-Version 4.0.30319
X-Powered-By ASP.NET
Content-Length 116
X-AspNetMvc-Version 3.0
Server Microsoft-IIS/7.5
Content-Type application/json; charset=utf-8
Cache-Control private
X-SourceFiles =?UTF-8?B?QzpcZGV2XEFDSU1cQUNJTVxXZWJVSVxBcHBsaWNhdGlvbkF1dG9jb21wbGV0ZVxTZWFyY2g=?=
RequestHeaders

Content-Type application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Accept text/javascript, application/javascript, application/ecmascript, application/x-ecmascript, */*; q=0.01
X-Requested-With XMLHttpRequest

 

I checked the autocomplete controllers and awesome autocomplete files and awesome.js to make sure that when I was renaming none of the base code was impacted, and I can't find anything different. This firebug info is the only difference I've found and I don't really understand what to make of it.

 


Coordinator
Sep 29, 2011 at 7:46 PM

autocomplete has some problems with certain versions of jquery + jquery.validate, could be this thing

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Yes!

Removing jquery.validate.min.js   jquery.validate.unobtrusive.mod.js

fixed it

Good catch, was banging my head on this all day.