Custom changes

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Hi there and thanks for such a great example of proffessional developed mvc project.

I downloaded it setup on my VS dev server, running it and i must say again it is awesome!

However i notice that you don't have homecontroller :) when web page open i see menu, login, and under the search controll there is a button for host a dinner, to add new dinner, do my question is

it possible to change that to something else like "Add neww dinner" or just "Add new"?

And one more thing much bigger is that i have one simple database (collection of cars with pictures and info) it's 3 tables nothing else, so i want to create a new project which i did and what I have to do to use my database?

Can i do that withaout your layers of Core, Infra, Data, Service, i can generate classes with EF generator and i have all actions for CRUD operations.

Thanks for your answer and any comments!

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hi,

Most of the texts on the buttons/content is from the resource files, so you can open the resx files and edit them, or if you can just edit the views

In rest, yes you can do whatever you want, however you want

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I tried to edit it in a views but i can't find where is that button text?
Can you point me to views where i can change that?

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM

http://code.google.com/p/prodinner/source/browse/trunk/WebUI/Views/Shared/cruds_.ascx

line 12: create = Mui.host_a_dinner;